Heirloom Caprese Salad
- 1 lb. buffalo mozzarella cheese
- 4 large heirloom tomatoes or beefsteak tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons Cibaria Italian Moresca extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons 25 Star Balsamic Vinegar
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
Cut the mozzarella and tomato into 1/4 inch slices. Alternate tomato slices with mozzarella in a circular motion around a plate. Sprinkle the sea salt and black pepper on top. Drizzle the Moresca olive oil and balsamic vinegar over it all. Chiffonade the fresh basil leaves and garnish the salad.
Drizzle our famous 25 Star Balsamic of Modena for the grand finale in this explosion of taste. (to you preference).
This healthy and delicious salad is great all year long!
Recipe by: Amber Hickerson