Tomato Spinach Pasta with Chicken
IngredientsTomato Spinach Pasta:
- 1/2 lb penne pasta
- 2 Tbsp EVOO
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tsp s.a.l.t. sisters Smoked Luau Ka’Nani Hawaiian Sea Salt
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large fresh tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or dry vermouth
- 1-1/2 Tbsp s.a.l.t. sisters Tuscan Farmhouse Blend
- One 6 oz bag fresh spinach
- 1 can white beans, Great Northern or Cannelloni
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 loaf baguette bread, cut into cubes, about 4 cups
- 1–2 Tbsp EVOO
- 1 tsp s.a.l.t. sisters Tuscan Farmhouse Blend
- Parmesan cheese, finely grated
Tomato Spinach Pasta: Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Add the penne and cook until tender, but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 12 min.
Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil and onions, sauté for 3 min. Season chicken with sea salt and add to pan, cook for 10–12 min, just until cooked through. Remove chicken and onions to a bowl and cover with foil to keep warm.
Return the skillet to the heat. There should be bit of liquid in the pan from the chicken. If not, add 1 Tbsp of olive oil. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and garlic, sauté 2 min. Add fresh tomato, wine or vermouth and Tuscan Farmhouse Seasoning. Simmer an additional 2 min. Add spinach, cook until spinach has softened, stirring occasionally, add cooked pasta, remove from heat. Return chicken to pan and add Parmesan cheese, stir thoroughly.
To serve, pile pasta on a large serving platter and top with Parmesan croûtons (recipe below).
Parmesan Croûtons: Preheat oven to 350°F. Put bread cubes into a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with Tuscan Farmhouse Seasoning. Spread evenly on a cookie sheet. Bake until crispy, about 15 min. Immediately top with grated Parmesan cheese.