Roast Chicken With Herbed Mushrooms
- 1 (3 lb) whole chicken
- s.a.l.t. sisters Pink Himalayan Mineral Salt
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 heaping Tbsp s.a.l.t. sisters Porcini Rub & Seasoning
- 1 small red onion, quartered
- 1 small lemon, quartered
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 bunch fresh thyme, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp Garlic Mushroom Fused Olive Oil
- 1/2 lb sliced bacon, cut in half crosswise
- 3 lbs whole white button mushrooms, cleaned
Heat oven to 400°
Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Season the cavity with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl combine the onion, lemon, garlic, half the thyme, and EVOO; season with 2 tsp. rub, mix well. Stuff the bird with the mixture.
Place the chicken breast side up in a roasting pan and layer the strips of bacon over the breast until covered. Scatter over the remaining thyme, drizzle some more olive oil and season everything with remaining Porcini Poultry Rub.
Roast chicken for 1-1/2 hours; arrange mushrooms around the chicken 45 min after roasting. Baste with the pan juices every 20 min. The chicken is done when an instant- ead thermometer registers 165° F when inserted into the thickest part of the thigh. The legs should wiggle easily in their sockets.
Remove chicken from pan, cover with foil. Let stand for 15 minutes to rest. Serve the chicken with the roasted mushrooms and pan juices.