Japanese Style Grilled Salmon
- 2 lbs. salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger, fresh
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 3 and 1/2 tablespoons Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons Moroccan Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- juice of one medium lemon
Cut the salmon fillets into 4-5 pieces.
Heat up the grill while brushing the rack with olive oil to keep salmon from sticking.
Mix all of the ingredients in a small bowl as the marinade (set aside 1/2 for use later).
Put the salmon on a plate, skin side down. Then drizzle half of the marinade onto it. Let it marinate for 20 minutes.
Place the salmon on the hot grill, skin side down, and discard the used marinade. Let it grill for around 6 minutes. Then turn it over and grill for another 6 minutes until the salmon turns slightly brown in most of the area except for the middle. (keep the middle slightly raw).
Remove the salmon from the grill and put it skin side down on a plate. Spoon over the the remaining marinade on top. Remove the skin and serve warm.