Grilled Tuscan Burger
IngredientsGrilled Tuscan Burger
- 1-1/2 lbs ground beef
- 3/4 lb mild Italian bulk sausage
- 1–2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 3 Tbsp jarred basil pesto
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Garlic, basil or black pepper infused olive oil
- 8 buns, lightly toasted on the grill (4 if preparing large burgers)
- Mayo sauce (recipe below)
- 8 slices fresh mozzarella (4 if preparing large burgers)
- 8 thin slices of an Italian meat, sopressata or pancetta
- 3 Tbs sun dried tomatoes in olive oil, minced
- 1 Tbsp s.a.l.t. sisters Tuscan Farmhouse Blend (TFHB)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, chopped
Spread the meat out on a cutting board or mat; add the garlic, pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, TFHB and pepper. Blend ingredients into meat; being careful not to over mix.
Brush burgers with infused olive oil. Grill burgers on medium high heat, about 4 min a side.
To assemble the burgers, spread the mayonnaise mixture over the top and bottom bun halves, add the burger, then top with a mozzarella slice, 1 slice of Italian meat and a few spinach leaves.
*Hamburgers can be prepared on the stove top.