Baked Brie With Caramel & Pecans
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Flour, for dusting work surface
- 1–8 oz. round Brie or Camembert cheese
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- Caramel sauce
- 1/4 tsp s.a.l.t. sisters Sel Gris Organic French Grey Sea Salt or Midnight Diamonds Black KA’NANI Hawaiian Sea Salt
Preheat oven to 400°
Unfold the puff pastry onto a lightly floured surface. Using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll the dough out slightly to smooth out the folds. Mix together the brown sugar, pecans, butter and salt. Gently pack the sugar in the middle of the pastry. Place the brie wheel on top of the sugar mixture. Wrap the pastry around the brie, making sure to pinch seams together. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet or pan seam side down.
Bake for about 20 min until the pastry is golden brown. Allow brie to cool for 5–10 min then drizzle with the caramel sauce and sprinkle with sea salt. Serve with crackers or bread.